Extreme Sports in Israel, like is many other states in the world, stand for a wide range of activities in sea, air and land.
Thanks to the warm weather, and low amount of rain, the extreme sports are available year-round.
Among the popular extreme sports activities in Israel are surfing, windsurfing, kite-surfing, diving, jet skiing, gliding, skydiving, paragliding, abseiling, kayaking, biking, motor-crossing, skiing, water-skiing, boating-tubes, rafting, sailing, air-balloons, wall climbing and many others…
However, other Extreme Sports in Israel are far more accessible, year-round.
Water and Air sports activities in Israel
For kite-surfing, kayaking, windsurfing and surfing:
- Beit Yanai beach, near Netanya.
- Kibbutz Sdot -Yam, located south of Cesarea
- Tel Aviv port
- Netanya, Poleg beach
- Sea of Galilee
Diving sports in Israel
For diving, Eilat is the hottest place, in addition to Tel-Aviv and Herzliya.
Major diving sports’ -sites in Eilat:
- The Dolphin Reef – a unique ecological dive -site, where you can enjoy watching the fascinating lifestyle of dolphins
- Garden eels – hundreds of eels in the sea floor, creating a spectacular, fantastic, site
- Paradise Lost
- Japanese Gardens
- The caves – about a mile from the border of Tabaa (near Egypt)
Free falling and Tandem sports
- Yemen landing field, in north of Beer Shava
- Habonim Beach, on road number 2 (between Haifa and Netanya)
Air Balloons sports in Israel
– two main locations:
- Kibbutz Ruchama, north of Negev
- Jezreal Valley – in the north; near Haifa
Boating in the rapids
(includes: Kayaking, boating tubes etc..)
This sport is a family-occasion; mostly know sites are along the Jordan river:
- Kayaki Kfar Blum
- Kibbutz Gadot
- Kibbutz Hagoshrim